Saturday, October 24, 2015

Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness

Shadow of Night is the second book in the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness. (I've reviewed the first one here in case you missed it!)

The first novel left off on a cliffhanger and this book picked right up in the same place. I wasn't sure what to expect with this one because the way the story has changed since I began reading the first, I was keeping an open mind and totally just going with the flow. I was not disappointed! 

To give you a little background on these novels, they involve witches, vampires, and daemons. There is a fear for their continued survival and its up to a witch and a vampire to figure it all out. There is so much more to these novels, but I don't want to give anything away by explaining more. 

These novels aren't a quick read. They are detailed and more involving then a lot of reads. I don't think these books get enough love, really. They are adult novels, but I don't think that anyone who reads more of the young adult type novels wouldn't enjoy them as well.

There is so many little plot points along the way that I almost feel like they could have evolved into their own stories separate from the book. Definitely keeps your attention and in no way does it feel boring or overly done. 

I am of course going to read the third one, but I think I am going to wait a little longer. Not sure I want to let this story come to an end yet. I will miss the adventure and knowing that it all will come to an end. 

Recommendation: Well worth giving these a try. Totally for the lovers of witches, vampires, and love stories in the pursuit to save the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment