Tuesday, May 3, 2016

M. C. Beaton: The Hamish Macbeth series


I adore these books. They are truly delightful simple reads that might be quick and easy, but are not short on entertainment.

This series follows fictional Scottish police man Hamish Macbeth who simply wishes to be left alone in his small station, walking his beat, and avoiding promotion. Of course it's not quite as simple as that because there is always a murder or two cropping up and he is the one to solve them. 

Hamish is fair, honest, and good. He's a small village man who operates a little differently than most in stories that we read, but it just makes him all the more interesting.  The village is full of funny and interesting characters. Quite often I find myself laughing at loud at some of the antics in these stories. There's a bit of underlying love story elements that follow through the books, but for the most part, these can be read out of order which is bound to be the case for most readers because there are quite a few of these novels!

I have loved these from the first read and I cannot foresee a time when I won't still love them.  I don't tend to buy them unless I can get them second hand or as an e-book because they are quick reads for me (they only take me a couple hours) but if I can get my hands on a copy I can keep for a good price, then I am all over it! So far I only have these ones in paper copies, and a few more as e-books!


Recommendation: Treat yo'self! These are fast, easy, tasty treats for your mystery loving mind! 


No comments:

Post a Comment